SendSMSUnicode(strMobileNumber As String, strMessage As
String) As Boolean
To send unicode SMS, e.g. Chinese characters
· strMobileNumber: mobile / hand phone number of recipient
· strMessage: unicode message in hexadecimal format; maximum length of
hexadecimal character is 140 (70 unicode characters x 2)
TRUE if SMS is successfully sent, else FALSE
To send a character "á", first you need to convert the unicode character into
hexadecimal format, then call this function:
· SendSMSUnicode("+60123331111", "00E0") <--
how to convert "á" to "00E0", please refer to the VB.net sample code.
· SendSMSUnicode("+0123331111", "á") <-- WRONG
1. When "SendSMSUnicode() = True", then retrieve value from the following
- Message Reference Number
2. MR is automatically generated by SMSC (SMS Centre) upon successfully
calling the SendSMS() method.
3. Use this number to match with property DRMsgRef- number from the delivery
4. The MR has a range of 0 to 255. And it is incremental. Once the number
reaches 255, it will start from 0 and increased by 1 for each SMS successfully
5. No need to retrieve MR if "SendSMS()
6. This method neither concatenates nor joins SMS that is longer than 70
7. You must call the DeliveryReportOn() method first before sending out SMS, in
order to receive delivery status report.